We’ve all seen a million billion different soup recipes we should try this winter. But come on, we need a little more than just soup! Steaming-hot beef stew is the answer to your tasty winter treat this year. So get ready to tuck yourself in for a night of glorious beef stew while you binge on your favorite TV shows. Here we go…
Before you wrap yourself in your blanket and reach for the remote control, remember that you need to cook first. I recommend making a big pot of this tasty delight – any leftovers could be saved for another evening. You’ll need the following ingredients:
– 2 pounds of cubed beef (stew meat)
– 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 4 cubes of beef bouillon – crumbled
– 4 cups of water
– 3 large potatoes – cubed and peeled
– 4 carrots, sliced into 1-inch pieces
– 4 celery stalks, chopped
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– 1 teaspoon dried parsley
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Now that you have all that you need in your life… at least for this very moment, it’s time to get started. Get a large pot out of the cabinet and follow these simple instructions:
- Cook the beef in the vegetable oil over medium heat until the meat turns brown.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon in the 4 cups of water and then add the contents to the pot with the beef.
- Carefully stir the pepper, rosemary and parsley into the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and then turn down the heat, cover the pot, and let it sit for an hour.
- After an hour, stir in the vegetables equally into the pot.
- Dissolve the cornstarch separately before stirring it in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the pot for another hour and wait (im)patiently for the beef stew to be ready.
Enjoy The Treat
I like to guzzle dow… um, gracefully dine with a complementary bread roll; that sauce should not go undevoured. Remember that you can add any other spices or vegetables to this beef stew. It’s our recipe, but it will be your masterpiece.